August 14, 2012

Dated Me At Sushi Dito

Yesterday, I was able to date ME and have some a little me time. Actually, I was scheduled to go to the my work's physical office to renew my working contract. So, after visiting our physical office, I went to a modern Japanese restaurant, Sushi Dito, to eat some lunch.

I have been eye-ing this restaurant on Facebook but I don't have really a lot of time to check it out personally and it was just near our office. So yesterday's the good time.

The place was small and cozy: low chairs and tables to give you that modern Japanese feel. Too bad I felt too lonely to take more photos of the place but let me tell you that there are some Japanese art on the walls. Not too much though, still in line with that modern Japanese feel: simple and minimal.


Low chairs and tables.

Service was not that Japanese, unfortunately expected. There was only one server/cashier. In a customer point of view, she was in between shy and cold. For me I would say in vernacular, suplada-ish. She greeted me, though, and acted all polite throughout her service for me. But I guess she should have been a little cheerful and more approacheable to make it more cozy and less lonely for lone customers like me.

Because it was too lonely to order a lot and, again, I was just alone and my first time to check out this place, I just ordered myself a Teriyaki Don and a Coke Zero. Very lonely. -_- 

Their Teriyakidon was okay: neither good nor bad. If you're into Japanese, teriyaki is barbequed chicken. Unfortunately, I didn't get that chicken barbeque taste. I believe the chicken was just breaded and mixed with teriyaki sauce a.k.a. barbeque sauce. All in all, their Teriyakidon was just okay, simple breaded chicken mixed with barbeque sauce topped with bean sprouts and wilted greens. It was also salty for my taste and I can't help commenting to myself that it couldn't be at par with my expectations and with other dons of other modern Japanese restaurants. Well, I have to forgive them for that 'cause they're a sushi restaurant.

Teriyakidon 

Well my overall experience is okay. Maybe because I was alone. For the next time I would definitely try their sushi, alone or not. I read from patron comments in their Facebook page that their sushis are good. I hope I would be wowed by that and hope that the service would wow me, too, the next time. More importantly, I hope it wouldn't be so lonely anymore. posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment