January 29, 2021

Mise En Scene Hello Bubble Foam Color Hair Dye Shampoo in Metallic Ash Review

It's around this time last year that I tried an outrageous hair color. This year, I want to go back to something basic but with a little bit of kick. So, I tried Mise En Scene Hello Bubble Foam Color Hair Dye Shampoo in Metallic Ash.

I chose this color because it's brown with a kick of purple. 
I didn't know until as of writing that that is Jisoo in the box.
Sorry Blinks! XD

This is my first time using a Korean brand. I bought my box from a Shopee store for Php 350, excluding shipping. Transaction and delivery time was great, not bad for every thing first time.

Like any DIY hair dyes, the box comes with the basics: developer, hair color, a pair of gloves, and an instruction manual. Along with the developer, there's a sachet of a treatment, which I think helps protect the hair. The box also comes with a cape and a hair pack, which are a big plus. Some DIY hair dyes don't include those.

Mise En Scene Hello Bubble Foam Color Hair Dye Shampoo in Metallic Ash
Box contents

So like any DIY hair dyes, you just mix everything in the developer container, shake it vigorously or swirl it in circular motion for 20 seconds. As for this bubble hair dye, you swirl it, and then change the pump. The pump helps create the bubble foam, which makes the application very easy, like you're just putting on shampoo! 

Though it was very easy to apply, it took me around an hour to completely cover my hair with the foam. Why? There was too much foam! The box is actually more than enough for my shoulder-length hair. It took me long time to finish all the foam inside the pump. Then again, this is so great. It guarantees that the hair color will be evenly distributed on your hair.

Another great thing about Mise En Scene bubble hair dye is that it rinses easily, too! The foam washes off easily and does not stain your bathroom. As you rinse, your hair doesn't become stiff, which makes the hair mask application another easy step. 

The hair mask smells a bit strong to my liking but the smell diminishes after a couple of minutes when you apply. You have the option to let your hair soak in it longer or rinse it off immediately after 3 minutes. Nonetheless, it washes off easily and doesn't leave any soapy feel. It doesn't not weigh your hair down, too. Despite letting the hair mask soak for more than 3 minutes, my hair was not saturated, and heavy. I could easily dry my hair without the help of a hair dryer or constantly squishing it with the towel. 

I could say, overall, that my Mise En Scene bubble hair dye experience was easy and breezy, except for the application which took me quite a long time to complete. My hair is definitely made evenly brown and very soft. It looks very even under fluorescent light and natural lighting. My greys are also 99% covered. I could still see some of them but they have blended in very well.  I love it!

Before


 


After

mise en scene bubble foam color hair dye mettalic ash

mise en scene bubble foam color hair dye mettalic ash

In a nutshell...

What I like:
  • Easy to mix and to apply
  • Comes with gloves and a cape
  • Does not have an irritating chemical smell
  • Very bubbly and foamy. One box is more than enough for my shoulder length hair
  • Does not make hair stiff upon rinsing
  • Hair pack does not make hair heavy
  • Color is very even
  • Covers grey hair quite well

What don't like:
  • Not available in local stores but available online

Will I repurchase?

Yes!

I hope Mise En Scene Philippines would bring this hair dye here. Currently, they only have the shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask sold in the Philippines. I love their bubble foam hair dye! It'll be one my options for dyeing my hair.

Have you tried this too? What color have your tried? 

No comments:

Post a Comment